Sunday, January 18, 2009

A moment on quality

Part of what XXX stands for is it's quality of the products it makes. Constancy and craft also apply. Pictures don't do my work justice and only holding one will show you the effort.

Before you order form me, realize I'm one person. If there is delay in shipping it's for a good reason. In most cases I scrap boards, buff them and discard. A few local kids get most of these boards or they become tests. Being in a location that doesn't get a lot of direct sunlight during the winter(due to a hill) there is some quality issues, since the building is concrete walls and floor and wicks moisture and hard to keep consistently warm. Work stoppages this winter have been common. It's cold, it's damp. Thus I don't make boards during the damp for it makes a bad board.

Please be patient, realize that my boards are not mass produced and that each is a piece of art. I attempt to reflect this in the price. Some have said my boards are priced 1/3 or 1/4 there value. Regardless of what others say, the price is very much considered especially in this day and age. My goal is to make an affordable board of extreme quality.

Thank you.

No comments: